V5 vs older MS IE versions

I have a client in the governement sector that is still more or less restricted to older IE versions (8 & 9). We are trying to move the APP formward to a V5-version, but running into trouble with some functionalities. Some (like grid flex headers) are a no-go, which I can live with as they did not have that before and are not gettin it now. but other areas are a significantly bigger problem. the FILE handler, uploading (from PC to APP) seems to go ok, but downloading (from APP to PC) results in "FILE DOWNLOAD FAILED" messages. Can anyone relate and/or point me into the right direction to resolve this? Is this a V5 (HTML5) vs IE (8/9) issue? And yes, I am VERY aware that moving the client to an other browser will resolve this, but THAT sollution is outside our mutual scope.
asked
2 answers

I found another thread on the matter with a few thoughts. Not sure if it will solve your issue but perhaps it will set you on the path to a solution. It sounds like others have file downloads working, so perhaps you'll want to create a test project and try to eliminate as many variables as possible.

If your test project doesn't work, I would recommend opening a support ticket and attaching your test project.

answered

We support Internet Explorer 8 and up in Mendix 5. If you have a reproducible problem with that combination, we would like to receive a ticket so that we can fix it.

answered