File not found in Simple Rich Text Editor

When using the SimpleRichTextEditor in Mx5.17, the following error occurs (using IE11) 404 - file not found for file: ui/yui/reset-fonts.css Now, the editor doesn't display the available text and the editor is not editable. PC 1 (with IE11) has this error, where PC2 (with IE11) doesn't have it. Clearing the cache doens't not help. Edit (1): I have removed the reference to ui/yui/reset-fonts.css in editor_contents.css and hard-coded the path as described here The error remains. Suggestions?
asked
4 answers

Edwin, I could not find a solution for this. As a workaround the CKEEditor is used.

answered

I have the same issue (in others several other browsers), showing this error '404 - file not found for file: ui/yui/reset-fonts.css' in the console.

Any solutions found?

answered

Thijs is right, use the CKEditor instead. If you look at the documentation of the RichTextSuite, you see:

This widget is based on a legacy library and isn't actively supported. Please use CKEditor widget for text editor requirements in your project.

We provide the source of the RichTextSuite on Github, if someone wants to maintain it. This widget is a few years old and not supported, it contains a lot of legacy code.

answered

Much problems are caused by the Rich Text Editor. CKEditor solves them I experienced.

answered