Document Templates Custom Font

Hello, I am trying to use a custom font within my document template (which I've configured following the steps in this documentation). 1. The font looks to be printed correctly but for some reason the alignment of the labels are skewed for the cells that are text-align: right. The labels would be positioned overflowing outside of the cell. I've tried readjusting the column widths so that there is enough space for the labels but it resulted in the same fixed width that goes outside of the cell no matter what the width of the cell is. 2. Also, whenever I use the letter-spacing CSS property, it would work properly for some of the labels - where it seems to alternate on which label to work properly on. Please advise if any of you have run into any of the above! NOTE: When I am not using custom font (Helvetica for example), I don't run into any of the above so I'm wondering if there is an extra CSS property I would need to add or extra configuration I would need to try out for alignment and letter-spacing.   Thank you! Best, Vivian Edit: Per request for examples... Came across some further observations as I was trying to put together the examples: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ All below seem to apply to custom fonts (maybe just the one I was using), arial, and tahoma All below DO NOT apply to helvetica, courier, times +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1. letter-spacing property does not seem to render for hyperlinks 2. Capitalized text and letter-spacing combo seems to result in letter-spacing working sometimes  - workaround: don't use text-transform and manually caps/lowercase labels (?) - Edit again- Not sure if I got this correct but it seems it wasn't the text-transform property.. and rather, whenever the label itself is even manually capitalized the letter-spacing wouldn't take effect sometimes. 3. letter-spacing does not handle re-adjusting indents/widths of the label so it will appear to overflow outside the cells by the extra total space letter-spacing takes up Note- Label3 and Label5 also have CSS text-transform: uppercase
asked
1 answers

After lots of testing and research, I've concluded the following:

Issue 1: letter-spacing doesn't apply consistently with a custom font

• This is a known issue in Apache FOP, the library that Mendix uses to build PDFs, see the issue list here. Search for letter-spacing.
  • You can work around this issue by turning off kerning on your custom font.
  • If you need kerning, add a second copy of the custom font, once with kerning on, and once with it off:

Issue 2: letter-spacing isn't properly accounted for with right-justified content

• This is a known issue in Apache FOP, the library that Mendix uses to build PDFs, see the issue list here. Search for letter-spacing
  • I have not found a workaround for this issue, besides just not setting the letter-spacing property
answered