font-related error on startup

Hello, I'm new to Mendix, and after installing it for the first time (no errors) I got an error screen after starting up the program. The program is stuck on the loading screen and an Error box has popped up saying that an unknown error has occurred during the execution of the modeler. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and it happens both with the beta-version and the last stable version (2.4.3.1) I'm not sure if it matters, but I installed the beta-version first, then reinstalled and installed the stable 2.4.3.1-version. I hope someone can help me out Regards, Martin de Laat //details of the error System.ArgumentException: Font 'Courier New' does not support style 'Regular'. at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont() at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont) at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet) at Mendix.Modeler.ConsoleDock.InitializeComponent() at Mendix.Modeler.ConsoleDock..ctor() at Mendix.Modeler.MainGUI.InitializeComponent() at Mendix.Modeler.MainGUI..ctor() at Mendix.Modeler.ModelerApplicationContext.OpenMainGUI() at Mendix.Modeler.ModelerApplicationContext.EndInitModeler(WorkerTaskResult result) at Mendix.Utility.WorkerTask.backgroundWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
asked
2 answers

There appears to be a problem in Windows that causes the Courier New font file to get corrupted sometimes. Please try to replace the file C:\Windows\Fonts\cour.ttf with a copy from another computer. The problem should no longer occur after replacing the Courier New font file with a working copy.

answered

Wow thanks a lot it worked

answered