apache felix not in 7.0.2 runtime? m2ee incompatible? AWS AMI not support 7?

UPDATED 20/03 19:10 Looks like whatever the 'felix' package did in 5.x, 6.x has been replaced in 7 by /runtime/launcher/runtimelauncher.jar As I understand things, m2ee is used to launch the runtime so it feels as though the version/config of m2ee on the AWS AMI is not set up to launch a 7.x runtime Tried "sudo apt-get install m2ee-tools" and this tells me "m2ee-tools is already the newest version" If m2ee is just a helper script would anyone know how to fire up the runtime from a command line (on Debian)   ORIGINAL QUERY I am trying to deploy a appplication on to the Mendix AWS AMI Have built an MDA using modeler 7.0.2 (build 20466) and pushed that up but when I try to start the application (m2ee start) I get ERROR: felix configuration template is not a readable file: /srv/app/runtimes/7.0.2/runtime/felixconfig.properties.template Which is because the file does not exist Looking on my local windows modeler environment I can see this file (and several org.apache.felix jars) are there under the 6.10.3 runtime but not under 7.0.2 So I guess I have several questions - If the felix stuff no longer requires under 7? - If it is NOT required, what part onf the config on the AMI is trying to load the felixconfig.properties.template? - If it IS required, how do I get hold of the correct runtime files ADDED 20/03 17:15 Added the /felix directory with /felix/bin/felix.jar (from 6.10.3 modeler environment) and the system attempt to load but collapses with a load of version errors as below   LOG m2ee(admin): start INFO: Trying to start the MxRuntime... ERROR: Bundle com.github.fge.jackson-coreutils [15] Error starting file:/srv/app/runtimes/7.0.2/runtime/bundles/com.github.fge.jackson-coreutils.1.6.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.github.fge.jackson-coreutils [15]: Unable to resolve 15.0: missing requirement [15.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.google.common.base)(version>=16.0.0)(!(version>=17.0.0)))) org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.github.fge.jackson-coreutils [15]: Unable to resolve 15.0: missing requirement [15.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.google.common.base)(version>=16.0.0)(!(version>=17.0.0)))         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3974)         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2037)         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1291)         at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:304)         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ERROR: Bundle com.github.fge.json-patch [16] Error starting file:/srv/app/runtimes/7.0.2/runtime/bundles/com.github.fge.json-patch.1.9.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.github.fge.json-patch [16]: Unable to resolve 16.0: missing requirement [16.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.github.fge.jackson)(version>=1.6.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 15.0: missing requirement [15.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.google.common.base)(version>=16.0.0)(!(version>=17.0.0)))]) org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.github.fge.json-patch [16]: Unable to resolve 16.0: missing requirement [16.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.github.fge.jackson)(version>=1.6.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 15.0: missing requirement [15.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.google.common.base)(version>=16.0.0)(!(version>=17.0.0)))]                
asked
1 answers

Solved this on our machine by retaking the "deploy for debian" steps on https://github.com/mendix/m2ee-tools/blob/master/doc/install-1.md#deployment-tools-for-debian

wget -q -O - https://packages.mendix.com/mendix-debian-archive-key.asc | apt-key add -
apt-get update
apt-get install debian-mendix-archive-keyring
sudo apt-get install m2ee-tools

answered