Add new tab to tab container by microflow

Hello to you all reading this,   I'm having some trouble working with tab containers. I'm in need of something that creates a brand new tab in a tab container (or something similar), without a predifined layout. I want to be able to open any page and it should then be added to page 1 of the container, when i open another page it should open in page 2 of the container etc.   The main requirement behind this issue is:  As a user i want to open multiple clients in different tabs (or pages). (The clients are currently shown in a data grid from where the user can select one and view/edit all details.) As a user I want to switch between clients without closing down a tab (or page).   I have yet to find anything on the forums about it, nor have i found anything closely related to a possiblity in mendix by fiddling around.   All help is welcome, Kind regards
asked
3 answers

You could create an object with booleans for each tab. Set conditional visibility on the tabs based on these booleans, so the tabcontainer needs to be inside the main object. Then in the microflow set these booleans and refresh the page.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Perhaps the use of the TabSwitcher widget can help you: https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/2964/First-Consulting/TabSwitcher. 

answered

Wessel,

A couple of thoughts that may save you some time:

• Tabs cannot be added at runtime, they are added at design time in the Modeler
  • There is not a capability in Mendix that I am aware of to load a page within another page.  You can load snippets within a page, however, this is also configured at design time

I am curious about the use case behind this question.  If you could share some more about that, the community may be able to help you with ideas and suggestions.

Mike

answered