Data migration - image and pdf

Hi All, We have to do data migration from old db into Mendix db. We are thinking to use excel imports to do this data migration where we import all the data into standalone entities and then build a microflow to create objects, manage associations and do other things. My question is we have images and pdf's within the old db that needs to be migrated. Please can anyone help me how we can import or migrate images and pdf's or any other file documents into Mendix db? Thanks in Advance!
asked
2 answers

I think the easy way is to use the (S)FTP module for that. Make two types. One for images and one for the rest. Let the images become Mendix image documents and let the rest become the standard filedocuments. Once you have that you can use microflows again to connect the images and documents again. If you can agree on a kind of filename standard you can use that to connect them again to other imported data.

Good luck,

Ronald

answered

I have found another easy way that is copy all the images and file documents on my desktop and create two entities for image and file document and then use dropzone widget from appstore where I can multi select or just drag and drop all the images / file documents to upload them into Mendix system. The good thing is both images and file documents have same unique names and hence I can easily connect them back again.

answered