Mobile app does not show camera

In my app when I tap the button to take a picture, quite often nothing happens. This seems related to iOS 8 and the package versions used. Use Google on 'phonegap camera not working ios' brings quite a few results, this one is interesting: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14235206/phonegap-cordova-not-showing-camera I tried the developer app and a phonegap build with the same result: the camera is only displayed the first time. The next time I want to take a picture, I have to double tap the iPhone home button. When the iPhone displays the open apps, the camera becomes visible. When I then return to the app, I can take a picture. Has anyone else had this issue? I opened ticket 431108
asked
2 answers

Our apologies for not getting around to this earlier. We've just released a new version of the Camera Widget (v3.1), which includes a fix for this issue.

answered

The phonegap camera widget expects you to run from cordova/phonegap, it doesn't work from the browser.

Try Running from

1. Mendix Developer App
  2. bundle the app as a cordova/phonegap app and install it on your phone. You can easily do this via the publish tab on the Mendix Platform.
answered