Two Mendix apps with single user database

I received the following question to which I don't really know the answer. I was hoping someone here could help me. There are two Mendix apps running on-premise, both with their own user management. The question is if it's possible to have one of the two Mendix apps as a "master" and the other as a "slave" (regarding user management). This would mean the master app manages all users and the slave app checks the master app for valid login credentials. A colleague recommended checking out either the LDAP module or the built-in appservices. Is it possible to achieve the above described functionality using either of these?
asked
3 answers

You would probably need to replicate the user data from tje master application to the slave application. And only allow user data changes on the master application. But stuff like sessions/blocked user statistics etc will be maintained on both sides.

answered

LDAP module can be used to import users from Active Directory groups. By using LDAP you can manage your application from AD.

Use the Kerberos winSSO module to enable single sign on for these applications based on AD credentials (auto login id AD account is known)

Each mendix runtime has it's own database and user management. Using another Mendix database as master or slave is not an option.

answered

You can use a custom login on the slave which could validate the user data with the master using a webservice. You then replicate the userdata on the slave.

http://bartgroot.nl/mendix/custom-checks-on-login/

answered