Adding friends

Dear all, I'm new to Mendix and right now I'm trying to find out how you can add the "adding friends" functionality. Just like on facebook or twitter. I have a working login system which is depending on the System.User domain model. I suppose I need to get the to the Module domain model and then do something with it or so. I really don't know, all help is much appreciated. Best, Ji  
asked
2 answers

Hi Ji,

Friendship can be expressed in a relation between to persons. Thus a association between them. Basically I would model the domain model something like this. It can be more complex, depending on goals. But its a start:

Never directly use the account/user entity for this, these are mend for account handling. I work with a association between Account and a new entity Person. This person can invite another person to become a friend. This friend can accept this. the associations and referenced object can be created and set using microflows in the invite process.

answered

Hi Ji,

I suggest you go to https://gettingstarted.mendixcloud.com/link/path/10 and follow the steps to learn the basics of Mendix.

Best regards,

Dirk

answered