Grid Export to Excel with $

Hi, We have attributes setup as type Decimal to show our currency with the "decimal precision" set at 2 and the "group digitats" set at "yes". Is there an option to easily add the $ in the grid and the export to excel that I'm overlooking?
asked
2 answers

Hi Javan,

Have you tried using a calculated attribute? You could add one to to your domain model and use a microflow to add the dollar sign in front of your decimal attribute. You would only use this attribute for display purposes and the decimal attribute for all other calculations/logic.

Your calculated attribute microflow would just need this in your end event. It should be simple enough to not effect performance but just be conscious that calculated attributes can be a performance hit when running complex logic/showing a big data set.

'$' + $Entity/DecimalAttribute

I just confirmed in a sample project that it the export to excel shows the dollar sign.

Just add a new string attribute to your domain model and set the value to be calculated instead of stored.

Here is some documentation on calculated attributes. 

https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/attributes

Hope this helps!

answered

Hi Javan,

As far as I know there are two solutions for this problem.

• Convert it to a (probably in a non-persistent entity) String attribute for displaying purposes.
  • Otherwise you can add a prefix in the CSS class for that column. CSS has a property called content. It can only be used with the pseudo elements :after and :before.

Menno

answered