Mendix Error Handling for Custom Error

I am doing a Mendix training right now. And I have been bugged by a question in the knowledge check for Error Handling part. The question is below >What happens if the same microflows are used, but the error handling on the main microflow is Custom with Rollback and the error handling on the sub-microflow is Custom without Rollback? And the correct answer is: >The Order, OrderLine, and Log objects are rolled back while the Customer object is committed to the database The Microflow on questions is :     My understanding is: When the error in the mainmicroflow happens the Create Order should be rolledback but the Change in Customer should be committed since the main microflow uses Custom with Rollbackand in the sub microflow both Orderline and the Log should be committed since the submicroflow uses Custom without Rollback. Question: Why is the correct answer The Order, OrderLine, and Log objects are rolled back while the Customer object is committed to the database Below is Image as proof:  
asked
2 answers

Hi Martin,

You are correct. It's even explained it that way in the module.

It's stated that an action with error handling Custom without Rollback: "Any action taken inside the sub-microflow will be reverted. Everything that happened before the error will be preserved, and the microflow will continue using the custom error handler flow."

You can read more about it in the advanced lecture: https://gettingstarted.mendixcloud.com/link/module/32/lecture/294 under the "Without Rollback in Calling Microflow, With Rollback in Sub-Microflow" paragraph.

Hope that helps your suspicion.

answered

Hi,

there's a good documentation: How To - Set Up Error Handling

The important thing to understand is: when does a new transaction start. A rollback will always revert the complete transaction.

answered