Registration option for new users

Hello, I am trying to make a login page with an option for new users to be able to register. In Mendix I did not find a way to get that, maybe somebody can help me out?
asked
2 answers

Ornal

As far as I know, there is not a module available that does this. 

To enable someone to register for an account, you will need to

• enable Anonymous users in your application
  • create a registration page where someone can put their name and any other information you need (email address, user id, etc.). 
  • That page should call a microflow that creates a user in Mendix and notifies the user of his or her username and password
  • create a custom login page that has a link to open the registration page you created

A couple of things that might be handy:  Community Commons module has a java action that will create a random strong password, also, if you add the Email Templates module and collect email addresses from registrants, you can email them a confirmation of their account registration.  Also, if you want to know more about how anonymous users work in a Mendix app, docs.mendix.com has information regarding this.  Note that starting in 7.1, native Mendix has username and password controls as well as a login button that can be used to create a custom login page.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered

Check the Appstore widget "Login form"

answered