Database connector Java Action Error

Hello all - I am unable to deploy a simple application which is utilizing the Database Connector App to display some data from an external MySql Database. Created the app just as is demonstrated in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCAT8wm4mFo and it seems to compile with no errors - untill i attempt to run it locally, or in the cloud. I get the Error Below: Buildfile: C:\Users\msd50\Documents\Mendix\External DB-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 32 source files to C:\Users\msd50\Documents\Mendix\External DB-main\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Users\msd50\Documents\Mendix\External DB-main\javasource\databaseconnector\actions\ExecuteQuery.java:80: error: cannot find symbol [javac] IMetaObject metaObject = resultObject.getMetaObject(); [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: method getMetaObject() [javac] location: variable resultObject of type List<IMendixObject> [javac] 1 error BUILD FAILED C:\Users\msd50\Documents\Mendix\External DB-main\deployment\build_core.xml:29: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 1 second Can anyone help me with this?  i have scoured the web as best as i am able, but cannot come up with a solution. Thanks, Matt
asked
2 answers

Hi Matthew,

Usually when I see "can not find symbol" it means that there is a conflicting jar file in the user lib folder. I would check to see if you have two version of the same jar file.

answered

According to the error it seems that the resultObject is a list of IMendix objects and the method getMetaObject is not available for a lsit of objects. Check the code to see what the type is of the resultObject.

answered