java compilation errors - recaptcha proxies do not exist

I had 2 recaptcha modules (due to debugging/trying to get recaptcha to work). All was compiling fine and then suddenly got a complaint about a duplicate recaptcha class so I deleted the module that wasn't being used and now I'm getting the error below about recaptcha proxies not existing. Is there somewhere I can copy/paste the proxies? I tried downloading from the app store again but that didn't help. Thank you .. Tracy Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 114 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\recaptcha2\VerifyReCaptchaImpl.java:12: error: package recaptcha.proxies does not exist [javac] import recaptcha.proxies.CheckResult; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\recaptcha2\VerifyReCaptchaImpl.java:13: error: package recaptcha.proxies.constants does not exist [javac] import recaptcha.proxies.constants.Constants; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\recaptcha2\VerifyReCaptchaImpl.java:28: error: cannot find symbol [javac] private ILogNode logger = Core.getLogger(Constants.getRECAPTCHALOGNODE()); [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: variable Constants [javac] location: class VerifyReCaptchaImpl [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\recaptcha2\VerifyReCaptchaImpl.java:67: error: cannot find symbol [javac] URL url = new URL(Constants.getRECAPTCHAURL()); [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: variable Constants [javac] location: class VerifyReCaptchaImpl [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\recaptcha2\VerifyReCaptchaImpl.java:97: error: package CheckResult does not exist [javac] result = CheckResult.IncorrectSolution.getCaption(languageCode); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\recaptcha2\VerifyReCaptchaImpl.java:102: error: package CheckResult does not exist [javac] result = CheckResult.Failed.getCaption(languageCode); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\recaptcha2\VerifyReCaptchaImpl.java:106: error: package CheckResult does not exist [javac] result = CheckResult.NoResult.getCaption(languageCode); [javac] ^ [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\javasource\com\mendix\core\Core.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. [javac] 7 errors BUILD FAILED C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\AdvertisingContests-main\deployment\build_core.xml:27: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 4 seconds SOLUTION: I was able to resolve the issue by renaming my module name in the Modeler from Recaptcha_2 to Recaptcha. Able to run without errors now. .. Tracy
asked
2 answers

Try this:

Look in your <project>/javasource folder for your old module and make sure to delete it if it's there. Based on your error messages I think will be called "recaptcha2"

Edit: Ok, I think this is the issue: the java code in the "recaptcha_2" folder is referencing a package called "recaptcha". If you open this project in Eclipse you'll see that issue when opening any of the java files in that module. The quicker fix is probably to delete this module and the java code and re-download the module.

answered

Did you try cleaning up the project deployment files?

answered