How do I integrate online help within Mendix?

Hi, I need to add a widget in our project, so that it can launch online help section. My question is what widget can I use? I looked at Mendix Modeler, if you open Project/Settings, left bottom corner has a question mark, when you click on it, it will jump to the help document on a link: https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/project How is this implemented? Thanks
asked
3 answers

Hi Ping,

You can use a link button, with an empty caption and choose an icon. This will display the icon you choose and when a user clicks the icon, it will open a new browser tab or window to the link that you configured.

Hope this helps!

answered

Hi Austin

If I have a lot of pages that need to have help link button, I want to maintain a look up table. Table will save each button's id and each associated help URL link.  But my question is:  does each link button has unique id on each page? 

Thanks

Ping

answered

Hi Austin

The way you told me worked great. What I am doing now, is use pageId and urlLink in a table. 

Then in the microflow I can retrieve the urlLink by the pageId.  The only issue is for each different page I have to manually set the pageId.

Is there a way to use the microflow as a common function where I can just pass in the pageId as a parameter?

Thanks

PIng

answered