Sandbox build fails

When I build my model (deply to sandbox) it reports "Failed to build your model:Build job failed: An error occurred while compiling Java actions" But I dont have this error with local build and I dont understand what goed wrong en where to look...
asked
4 answers

I've tested this with a new project, added the model reflection and excel importer modules and deployed to the sandbox. This works as expected, i can import excel files.

So the problem is probably not caused by the excel importer module, but more likely a conflict with other modules (?) in your project. Can you provide us with a test project?

Thanks, Andrej

answered

Mendix 6 has been released very recently. I think it is not yet ready for Mendix 6.x. We use the Excel importer a lot in many different projects and it does work quite well.

Edit: You can check compatible modeler versions of a module or widget in the appstore. I always do a test conversion on a branch or by exporting the project and opening the export with the new version.

answered

Arthur I think the real issue here is not that something breaks when doing a major version upgrade (5.x to 6.x), but the fact that this breaks only when deploying to a sandbox, and not locally. It should have broken locally in exactly the same way as it does when deploying to the sandbox. The fact that it did not warrants a bug report.

answered

I removed Mendix excel importer and now its works... So this makes very unstable software, you upgrade to new version of Mendix and your App will fail... Dont like this..

answered