on premise webservice consumption

Hi guys, One of our clients has an on premise app and a third party app is consuming a webservice we have exposed on the on-premise app. We have tested the webservice ourselves with another Mx app all is good, however they seem to have some issues with the end point address. They are using WCF test client, and they point to the correct url on their server and are able to see the WS operation. BTW they are using ws-doc, although I would rather they used ws/ instead, but the former seems to work for them. I saw them entering the namespace using the server url (locally I had it as "http://localhost:8080/" When they run it they get this following error: There was no endpoint listening at http://localhost:8081/ws/ws_Get_CDO_Output that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.Send(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.SendRequest(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at ws_Get_CDO_OutputPortType.CDO_WS_ApplyRate(CDO_WS_ApplyRateRequest request) at ws_Get_CDO_OutputPortTypeClient.ws_Get_CDO_OutputPortType.CDO_WS_ApplyRate(CDO_WS_ApplyRateRequest request) Inner Exception: Unable to connect to the remote server at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream() Inner Exception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) As far as I know we don't have any reference to port 8081 on our app, but their port number on the on premise settings is 8081, but that's only for the runtime config of the app. I think they need to change the end point address to the server url address, but they state the WCF test doesn't have an app.config where this could be done. Is there somewhere in the console where we need to do this? LR.
asked
1 answers

So I assume both these applications are running on the same server? Just log on to the server, and try to access the Mendix webserice using IE. That should confirm port number and url is okay. Keep on trying different urls until you find the right one, and use that to access the webservice.

This seems like such an easy thing to do it's hard to understand what the real issue is here.

answered