ChartJS updates

Hi all, I have updated the ChartJS widget (see AppStore) in the past couple of days. Due to some bugs I have created a new release: https://github.com/mendix/ChartJS/releases/tag/v3.1.1. This will resolve the bugs that have been reported on the forum and Github. (Thanks Marcel Groeneweg for providing me with a good test-project) There is a bug that cannot be resolved: When using multiple charts in 1 page, rendering them with an animation will give performance issues. That means it will not fully render all charts with animations. So I added a new option to the widget: Responsive animation duration (see 'Appearance'). This is set to 0. It means it will not animate when you open the page (or resize), but it will still animate if you click on one of the legend items. If you have 1 single ChartJS widget on the page, you should be able to set this value to 1000 and get that animation. If Chart.JS updates their library, I will see if I can update it here as well.
asked
3 answers

Thanks Jelte!

answered

Hi Jelte,

I am experiencing some problems while generating multiple bar charts with the ChartJS widget in the same page. When i try to open the page which contains the bar charts I get caught in an endless loop in which I cannot enter the desired page and thus cannot view the graphs. The same thing happens when I try to open the page with just one bar chart. I have tried your solution to alter the responsive animation duration to 0 but unfortunately generating the charts remains unsuccessful. However when I have just one bar chart, refreshing the browser while the page is loading allows me to enter the page and view the graph. So we know that the graph is generated. Unfortunately this loophole does not work when I add multiple bar charts to the page.

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

answered

Hi Jelte,

After some testing I found two bugs in the ChartJS plugin. The first bug is triggerd when ChartJS receives the datapoints objects when they are empty. This seems to trigger the enless loop described in my previous post. The second bug is that the barchart seems to ignore the option to start at zero. Whether the box is checked or not in the properties, the barchart never starts at zero.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue?

answered