Mendix App Store ideas

It's been awhile since a thread for things you would like to see on the mendix app store. Here are some of things I would like to see Updated Exchange client module Simple Facebook and google login module Scan your credit debit card option to get card details SMS integration module with call back options to get return text Account number, credit/debit Card validation services Address and vehicle lookup services (probably country specific) More Mobile widgets What are the things you guys would like to see in the app store which will help you build things quickly. Things we use in most apps are like email templates, deeplink, rich text viewer and few other. Please add in your ideas and also feel free to share if you are working on anything interesting for the app store, would love to know more.
asked
2 answers
  • Updated Exchange client module - What do you feel needs to be updated in this module? Just the module version or functionality?
  • Simple Facebook and google login - Have you seen the module on the appstore? The OAuth Module does exactly what you are looking for?
  • module Scan your credit debit card option to get card details - Just use a service like https://www.card.io/ and it should be pretty simple to do a scan of a card
  • SMS integration module with call back options to get return text - Again I am sure there are several services with simple API's that can help with this. Also there are several sms modules on the appstore, that might not do 100% of the functionality but can be extended.
  • Account number, credit/debit Card validation services - You should look at http://www.pcapredict.com/en-us/index/ they have account/direct debit validation as a soap service. You could connect up to these and then make it available as a module on the appstore.
  • Address and vehicle lookup services (probably country specific) Same as above pcapredict offers address lookup and I believe vehicle lookup services are dependant on country. In the UK you can pay the DVLA for a webservice i believe.
  • More Mobile widgets - I agree more do need to be created, but what sort of widgets are you missing?
answered
  • Global notification module (including widgets)
  • Support chat module like Freshdesk for example offers
  • Extended datagrid (not really a module or widget right now), but since MX is not really enhancing the options a module or widget would be a pleasant addition.
answered