Custom date format 29 februari

Hi, I implemented a dataView with a date field on it and a button to move to the next day. The format of the date field is a 'Custom date format' reading: EEEE d MMMM. On normal day's it's showing the date like: Wednesday 20 January However, when I am at februari 29th and I move to the next day (which is 1th of march), I get an error: 'INVALID DATE' After removing the custom date format, moving to the next day proves no problems. Anyone having the same error and a solution? Kind regards, Rolf
asked
4 answers

Folks,

My collegue found the solution. You cannot use de custom date format EEEE dd MMMM because the front end is missing the year component in order to check if the date is in a leap year.

So changing the date format to: EEEE d MMMM yyyy did the trick.....

Thanks for your posts!

answered

The invalid date error I've had before myself,

The front end validation inside Mendix fails checking it correctly, whatever is used by Mendix to validate the 29th of february in the front end doesn't take into account the custom formatting.

I've reported the bug myself before but I think they asked for a demo project and I never got to the point where i made a simple project that reproduced the error.

answered

I ran into this issue as well. I've submitted a request (Request #47818) with an example project today.

answered

Our application ran into this problem last weekend. Custom date format is dd-MM ;o( 

answered