Problems with loading in a wsdl file with xsd response files

I have a problem when trying to import a wsdl file for a webservice call, containing xsd files as response schemas. The wsdl file that Im using contains some syntax that Mendix doesn't support, like the mixed=true attribute and the any element, however since these are only present in the responses and I load in the response XML schemas seperately for the XML-to-Domain mapping I'm not sure if this is causing the problem. Here is the snippet of the wsdl file containing one of the the responses. <s:element name="searchNaturalPersonResponse"> <s:complexType> <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="searchNaturalPersonResult"> <s:complexType mixed="true"> <s:sequence> <s:any /> </s:sequence> </s:complexType> </s:element> </s:sequence> </s:complexType> Here is a snippet of the xsd file that is associated with this response: <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="" targetNamespace="" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="01.03"> <xs:simpleType name="exceptieCode"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> <xs:simpleType name="inspubPublicatiekenmerk"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:pattern value="([0-9]{2}\.){0,1}[a-z]{3}\.[0-9]{2}\.[0-9]{1,4}\.[F|S|R]\.[0-9]{4}\.[0-9]{1,2}\.[0-9]{2}"/> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> <xs:element name="publicatieLijst"> <xs:complexType> <xs:choice> <xs:element name="exceptie"> <xs:complexType> <xs:simpleContent> <xs:extension base="xs:string"> <xs:attribute name="errorcode" type="exceptieCode" use="required"/> </xs:extension> </xs:simpleContent> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> <xs:element name="publicatieKenmerk" type="inspubPublicatiekenmerk" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> </xs:choice> <xs:attribute name="extractiedatum" type="xs:dateTime" use="required"/> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> </xs:schema> The Error that I am getting in Mendix is: XML-to-domain mapping should map the return value of the webservice operation. I did set up the domain mapping normally, using the xsd file.
2 answers

What I found is that in the webservice call mendix looks at the wsdl for the response type, rather than to the xml-to-domain mapping, which in this case do not align. The solution was to change the WSDL so that the responseobject there is the same as the object in the xsd. Then replace the <any/> content with elements from the schema.

[Looks like this may get fixed with 5.21.2]


As far as I know MX doesn't just accept complexType mixed="true" you will need to adjust your WSDL to contain the actual elements.

As also stated in this link