2 Text box in same line

Hello Team,   How can i add 2 text box in same line like First name and last name, i tried but when i put text box it stick left to right and i cant change the length too, can any one tell me how can i do this and where is the problem??  Thenk u in advance 
asked
3 answers

Hi Nisar,

there are multiple options here. The most easy one is with CSS.

CSS
add the following line to the 'styles’ box when double clicking on both text widgets

display: inline-block;

This makes them ‘inline', which means something like ‘next to eachother’. You might want to add some spacing with ‘margin-left:10px;’ on the last-name widget

FullName attribute
Alternatively, you could add the FullName attribute which is filled when a user has entered both first- and lastname. The fullname requires only a single widget and isn't affected by your problem :)

Good luck

answered

Did you try with tables? Check documentation here: https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/table

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hi Nisar, 

• You can use the layout grid to do this and put the two text-boxes next to each other. 
  • You can create a new attribute "fullname" in your entity and do a check if firstname != empty and lastname != empty. If true then change fullname to: $firstname + ' ' + $lastname

Hope this helps.

Cheers

answered