SAML20 (5.21.0) on Business Modeler 6.1.0

Hi all, My team and I are very new to Mendix, and we appreciate your time and help. We're using a fairly new version of the Business Modeler and I wonder if we're just encountering some growing pains bugs. I tried importing the SAML20 (version 5.21.0) into the 6.1.0 Business Modeler. I had already imported the MxModelReflection (version 5.18.0) module. Right away I get 41 errors The first one is: Message: The mapping does not align anymore with the underlying schema. Please right-click on this error and select 'Resolve by updating from schema' to update the mapping. Details: The mapping element is a child of an inheritance element. Please include the inheritance element. Element: Import mapping 'Role Descriptor' Document: Import mapping 'IdP Mapping' Module: SAML20 The rest vary between: Message: Unknown value element '(content)' selected for parameter 'content' of object handling microflow. Message: Unknown value element 'Binding' selected for parameter 'Binding' of object handling microflow. Message: Unknown value element 'FriendlyName' selected for parameter 'FriendlyName' of object handling microflow. Message: Unknown value element 'Name' selected for parameter 'Name' of object handling microflow. All are for the same Document and Module. Acting on the guidance from the first error (right click and select 'Resolve by updating from schema') results in 57 errors. The new ones are mainly: Message: No entity selected There's also a: Message: Some Schema elements have no mapping defined. SAML20 returns similar errors in Business Modeler 6.2.0 SAML20 doesn't return any errors, right away in Business Modeler 6.0.1 Your help and guidance is welcome Thanks
asked
3 answers

We just reviewed this module for compatibility with Mx 6.2 and a release is about to get published tot the appstore.
I'm expecting that the Mx6 compatible module will be available in the appstore on Tuesday or Wednesday (Feb 9 or 10)

answered

This module has been made for Mx5 and to my knowledge has no Mx6 counterpart yet. This module contains quite a lot of Java code that probably need some rewriting due to deprecations. If you have no knowledge about Java and no knowledge about SAML security not a light task. You could create a support ticket for a Mx6 version if you have a gold or platinum SLA. Otherwise you have to wait untill a Mx6 version is released by Mendix.

If you are able to create the project in Mx5 I would choose that option.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

The module is indeed not ready for Mendix 6.2 (as stated by Ronald), but if you work through the errors after the 'Resolve by updating from schema' action, the issues you'll see arise from the changes in the xml mappings in the new Mendix versions.

The actions that need to be done are quite trivial and consist of selecting the correct entities for those that are missing (look at the schema names to select the correct entity).

The other errors consist of mappings for the microflows that need to be set to the correct attributes (click the microflow in between the entity and the schema definition and select the same names).

Now you should be set to use the module in your 6.2 project.

I did a check on the java code as well and there is 1 deprecated method being used in the class saml20.implementation.security.SessionManager.

See line 333: context.getSession().retain(samlSessionObject.getMendixObject());

This can cause issues in newer releases but will remain functional in Mx 6.2.

I did not check if the module is functioning correctly after fixing the errors, but fixing the errors took around 10 minutes, so if 6.2 is what you need then I would give the fixed module a try.

answered