Where to find the Imported/Export Excel Documents

Hi, I was successfully able to upload an excel with no errors using doc – > https://docs.mendix.com/howto/integration/importing-excel-documents However , I don’t know how to validate if the data is loaded on the application. The logs mention 4 rows updated successfully , but I dont know where it updated the data on the application . Please help.
asked
3 answers

The data should show up in the “ Overview and Detail pages to manage objects of the Customer and Order “ entities that you have created in step 3.2. Apparently, the imported rows do not show up there, so let see where it went wrong. The log says 4 rows were updated successfully, were those for Customer or for Order? Please use pgadmin to check the database if a record has been added to the entity that you expected it to arrive in.

answered

You can use the “reference to imported objects” option of the excel importer. This will create an association for every imported record, so you can retrieve them over association if you want to.

answered

Hey Shipra, I had the same question when I was importing data a couple weeks back. what helped me was to create a page view and set it in navigation. The data will tie to the entity you update it to. So for example : you have 4 rows imported with a “MX object = apple” the data will be tied to the page “apple”.

Think of object as a storage bin. If the data is NOT showing up on the page, check for the below:

1. associations: Each object in my experience needed to have an association unique to itself and the main object (where you probably have the list and string and enumeration defined)
  2. You are mapping the right page to the right template (the template, object defined, imported lines all say the same thing or called the same name)
  3. The page is linked to the right entity (this is if you have created multiple entities)

Hope this helps!

Chai

answered