Using the Google Calendar API in a Java Action

Hey, I've been trying to research if it's possible to access the Google Calendar API from within a Mendix Java Action. I followed this quickstart guide but instead of using Gradle I downloaded all the required libraries from this page. Now I've come across a problem that I have no idea on how to tackle. As soon as I call my Java action the client gives a fatal error and in the console I can read: SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticMDCBinder". SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation MDCAdapter implementation. SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#nostaticmdc_binder for further details. I've uploaded the stacktrace of the fatal error here. On the page that the console links me to I can read that the error means the SLF4J library isn't properly installed. However, I have not had to download this library in the progress of following the tutorial. I then proceeded to download the library, put it in the userlibs directory and rebuild for eclipse, but alas, the error remains the same. Does anyone know how one could fix this problem, if it's even feasible at all to access the Calendar API from within a Java Action? I've pasted the most important parts of my code over here. Thanks in advance for looking into this issue! Regards, Robin Sonneveld
asked
2 answers

Robin,

Just to double check. You did place the jar file in the userlib directory AND you imported the library at the top of your Java custom code (the code snippet does not show your imports) ? Because those two steps are needed to use the userlib.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

In the stacktrace you see:

access denied ("java.util.PropertyPermission" "user.home" "read")

You can solve this locally by switching off cloud security emulation

answered