Maker of the Month Challenge: March 2020

Hello, Makers! We’re excited to announce the first Maker of the Month challenge. What is the challenge you might wonder? We'll challenge you with a new question based on the new release every month, the perfect opportunity to test and to show off your Mendix knowledge. Whoever answers the question most complete, receives a free fancy Mendix t-shirt.  Please include your explanations for the correct answer, and make sure your Mendix account is public so we know who you are as our next potential first-time winner! The winner will be announced in the next release video.  Question: What is the maximum number of warnings that you can suppress in one app?   Good luck everyone!
asked
10 answers

Andreas was close but of by one. You can only suppress warnings if they show up and if you suppress one, it does not make room for another message. Message 1337 is “Too many warnings. Only displaying the first 1336”. Well since it also shows this warning, it is actually showing the first 1337 warnings, but who cares. You can suppress all these warnings, but warning 1337 has no error code and can not be suppressed. Therefor: You can suppress a maximum of 1336 warnings and no more than that.

answered

This depends on the amount of warnings that can be shown by Studio Pro, I remember that in the past there was a limit to at least the amount of errors that could be shown. 
But in essence all warnings can be hidden, so the answer is limited to the amount of RAM in the machine as this will limit the amount of warnings that can be shown and therefore hidden, unless the list is chunked and then the answer is infinite.

Or the short version: 42 (as this is the answer to everything)

answered

Hi Team,

Answer for the question : 

What is the maximum number of warnings that you can suppress in one app?

The Application can have a many number of warnings.

The maximum number of warnings will be displayed under warning section of Mendix Studio Pro is 1337.

In that 1337 warnings describes the sum of the first 1336 warnings of the application and one general warning with the message “ Too many warnings only displaying the first 1336.

So In total 1336 + 1= 1337.  

The maximum number of warnings that you can suppress in one app : 1336

answered

This could be a specific warning, all the warnings in a module, or even all the warnings from App Store content

Very neat! So the number should be infinite :-) 

answered

1337 is the max number of warnings no? So i guess that is the answer :D

answered

I would also guess that it is 1337 since this is the maximum amount of shown errors.

answered

You can suppress all warnings for your project and all warnings from app store modules.

answered
if($CountWarnings!=empty)
then $CountWarnings
else 0

answered

I would say ALL of them, because you can create a supression rule as “All” that simply hides all warnings, so no warnings show at all. A specific number then is not important. ;)

answered

My take:

The maximum number of warnings that you can suppress in one app is equal to the total number of warnings that exist at a specific time in a working copy of that specific app.

edit; added the catchphrase ‘working copy’ to prevent speculation

answered