Continuously I am getting below error while merging using 7.23.8 Mendix version.Can you please let me know how to solve this?

Continuously I am getting below error while merging using 7.23.8 Mendix version.Can you please let me know how to solve this? SharpSvn.SvnSystemException: Error retrieving REPORT (730054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.    at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets)    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Merge[TRevisionRange](String targetPath, SvnTarget source, ICollection`1 mergeRange, SvnMergeArgs args)    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.<>c__DisplayClass67_0.<Merge>b__0(ISvnClient c) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@4\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 872    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.PathClientDo(String workingCopyPath, Action`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@4\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 903    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevMerger.SvnMerge(RevMergeState state, IProgressInfo info) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@4\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View\VersionControl\RevMerger.cs:line 353
asked
2 answers

Do you have the issue only with that project or is it with all your projects?

answered

I had that problem in 7.23.X as well.

It seems to be local-ish since only I and one other person had it with our project.

It also seems to depend on how many commits you have and are trying to merge. I have had luck with merging them 1 or 2 commits at a time to another branch to then do 1 commit, kind of a git squash. And then merging the one commit from the new branch.

But in general, since this is some kind of time out with svn and mendix servers, one seems to be screwed.

The easy solution is to use another computer.

answered