Deep Link module

Hi all, This is Neil from CIGNEX. We have been working on using the DeepLink module and have been able to configure it properly in terms of adding the workflow in startup, creating a new workflow as a trigger for the DeepLink URL, etc. We are calling it from the workflow as suggested on the GitHub and AppStore documentation.  On the Mendix console, we are getting the warning when we hit the URL http://localhost:8080/link/abc : Deeplink with name 'abc' not found. In the name part of Configuration, we have written 'abc' On the WebPage, we are getting below output: Unable to open the requested page The requested path has not been configured or you (Anonymous_) do not have the required permissions to view the object. You can try to navigate directly to the application. Requested url: /link/abc We have literally tried 10s/100s of combinations but are not able to understand what is the exact URL that will be triggering our Workflow given in microflow argument. Please suggest if you can guide us on where we are making a mistake Regards, Neil 
asked
3 answers

If the requested URLl is indeed only /link/abc then your are missing the https://yourapp.mendixcloud.com part. How are you building up your URL? In community commons there is a function GetApplicationUrl  to retrieve the URL of your app. Use it to build up the link. Other problem might indeed be security. Is the user already logen in when you trigger the deeplink? Has that user access to the request page and objects?

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hi Neil,

I agree with Ronald on this. This is exactly how we do in our application.

Hi Ronald,

You seemed to master the deeplink so i have a question for you.

I send email with deeplink inside. When you get the email and click on the link you trigger the microflow on the deeplink who redirect to the page i want (a form with questions allowed to anonymous) .

But, if the user has aldready signed in and have an active session, the microflow is bypassed and the app show the default homepage.

Can you help me understand  why it does that?

Thanks

answered

Hi Neil,
I ran into the same error message.

Is it possible that your Deeplink configuration in the web app (after login as mxadmin for example), is not uptodate?
In my case the problem was that the module in which the Microflow to be called resided was renamed.
Updating my deeplink screen solved that. I needed to reselect the Microflows and use Refreshlist. It is possible that you have to update your Model Reflections first.

answered