Sending SMS to a Phone Number using AMAZON SNS

Greetings, I am currently working on sending SMS from my mendix APP to the user's phone number.  I installed SNS connector in my project, but I do not know how to send an SMS to a phone number.  Can someone please enlighten me. Thanks.
asked
2 answers

Hello Marwane,

I'm Trong from the team that developed the AWS connectors available in the Mendix Marketplacew. It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of the Amazon SNS connector. Do you mind me sharing your use case? It's great for our team to learn how the connectors are being used.

Amazon SNS is a robust messaging service that operates on a publisher-subscriber model. To send SMS messages from your Mendix application to a user's phone number, here's a simple breakdown:

1. Create an Amazon SNS Topic: First and foremost, initiate a topic in your Amazon SNS environment. This serves as a communication channel for sending the message.

2. Subscribe the phone number: After you have a topic ready, you'll need to subscribe the intended recipient's phone number to this topic. This effectively means that the phone number will now be on the list of receivers when a message is published to this topic.

3. Confirm the subscription: Before the subscribed phone number starts receiving messages, it's crucial to confirm the subscription. Usually, this is an automatic process where the subscriber receives a message to confirm their subscription. Ensure this step is done to begin receiving messages.

I understand that this can sound a bit complex if you're new to Amazon SNS, but I assure you, once you get the hang of it, it'll be straightforward. Should you have any more questions or need clarification on any step, please don't hesitate to respond to this thread. I kindly ask that you keep the conversation here, so other Mendix developers can benefit from the information as well.

Best,

Trong

answered

Hi Marwane,

I'm reaching out to follow up on your inquiry from a few weeks ago about sending SMS messages from your Mendix application using the Amazon SNS connector.

Were you able to get the SMS functionality up and running in your application? We'd be interested to hear about your progress and any success you've had.

If you're still encountering challenges or have additional questions, please feel free to share. Continuing our discussion here can greatly assist others who may be navigating the same process.

Best,

Trong

answered