Published OData service not showing in the Catalog

Hi there, I am trying to use a published OData service in one of our apps to be able to share the data with another one of our apps. I have followed the Mendix guide on how to expose a published OData service by 1. Creating a folder called APIs in the required module 2. Right clicking the entity and exposing as an OData resource and saving this within the API folder 3. Adding in the correct entity and attributes 4. Deploying this to a test environment   It has been a few days now and it hasn't shown up in the Catalog. I have been able to create a new app and Publish this test data into the catalog but can't seem to do it via deploying to a real environment.   Any help would be great!   Kind Regards, Sarah
asked
5 answers

Hey Sarah,

Are you searching for your published OData service through the integration pane in Studio Pro? Then you probably need to disable the filter, it's set only to return services on production environments. 

I hope this helps ;) 

answered

Hey Sarah, 

I believe you don't have permission to view, try to add all permission to Mendix account for that applications and also before you will be able to view it your application need to be deployed with OData.

Best regards, Slavko

answered

Hello,

I have published my ODataService following the Mendix Intermediated tutorial for Create and Share Data Between Apps Using External Entities and Catalog, I tried searching my ODataService in http://hub.mendix.com/p/home Catalog, Tried removing all filters, tried searching with my Odataservice name, but the the service just does not appear anywhere in the search results.

The MyAssets section shows blank as in attached image 

image.png

Can someone please help?

Regards,

Tejashree

answered

Hello everyone, same problem here. OData object not showing in the Catalog. Instead, I can see only another 2 objects from an unknown developer

Update.

I've found a workaround.

Open your Published OData service, switch to Settings tab, in the Export section click on Export... on the right side of Metadata row. Save the XML file.

Now open Catalog from your browser, click on Register OData Source, upload your XML and complete the wizard. Now you should see Curate button next to the Browse one in the top navbar and can access your data from the Catalog both online and from Studio Pro.

answered

Hi,

In the Integrations tab, you can choose Development view from the filter. It shows all OData services you have if you use development app env

answered