Typing answers to forum questions is often hardly possible. Anyone else having this?

When i try to answer questions on the Mendix forum, most of the times that works fine. But from time to time the toolbar changes into a more complex toolbar and after every keypress the cursor returns to the first character of the answer, making it hardly possible to type an answer. The answer field looks like this: Is it just my browser or is anyone else having this issue?
asked
10 answers

Hey Michiel,

A mendix support has already been raised for this and mendix people are trying to resolve it, as soon as possible.

And for the instance, if it happens again, just try reloading the  page, this way the problem goes away .

Hope it answers your questions !

answered

We are indeed aware of this issue, tried to alleviate some of the issues by pushing a hotfix on 2 occasions, but the issue still seem to persist.

The good news however is that we will be working on this in the upcoming quarter, with a major revamp of the content creation interface. Will keep you posted!

answered

I was having the same issue, you are not the only one

answered

same here

answered

Always good to hear that i am not alone. I will create a Mendix support ticket for this.

answered

It is a known issue that Mendix is working on.

I have found it to be browser specific. For example, I have the issue if I try to use the forum from an iOS device, but it’s fine from my Mac.

Can you try using a difference browser as a work around until the problem is fixed?

answered

Happns to me too

In fact I tried a few times before I could write this answer

answered

When that happens, I write my answer in a different app and then copy-paste it 

answered

Same here, not sure why it works sometimes, and sometimes it will do as you describe. Hopefully they get the fix deployed anytime soon.

answered

Hi all,

Of course, here the same problem. It looks to me that the complex Editor gets stuck in the Arabic language, causing it to type from right to left.

If I try to unset it, it stays on Arabic. Maybe this hint helps.

BTW Closing Chrome and restarting it always helps. But sometimes, I use Notepad and Copy&Paste if I have too many open tabs.

Go Make It

answered