I want to dynamically change the data source and columns of the data grid

Hi, I'm in the process of creating a page to create, modify and delete master data for internal use in an app. When you select data from a screen that displays a list of master data (for example, currency units, tax rates, business partner information, etc.), I want to display a screen that displays a list of the items, and then add, edit, or delete each item from there. I don't want to increase the number of screens, so I'm thinking of handling each item on a common screen.   In order to edit each master on a common screen, dynamically change the data source of the data grid, In addition, I think it would be good to dynamically change the columns displayed on the page, but is there a way to do that?
asked
1 answers

Hi Tomoya,

There are various ways you can tackle this issue –

For instance, a tab view can use a single page and provide you with additional ‘pages’. A word of caution though, is that when using tabs, all the tabs’ data is pulled into memory, which may cause performance issues once your app grows

Another way is to add an enumeration on your MasterList entity (or create a display helper entity) and add conditional visibility to your views. The use of snippets may also be useful in this regard.

The best would be for you to experiment with which option will fit your UI/UX the best

answered