I want to show a List of quarters in the dropdown for previous, current, and Future years

I want to show a List of quarters in the dropdown for previous, current, and Future years so that users can select for which quarter they want to save the data. How can we do this in Mendix? Something like this 
asked
2 answers

Hi there,

I can think of two possible solutions to this.

1.) You could create an enumeration that stores each financial quarter. However, you’d have to modify this enumeration whenever you wanted to add a new quarter.

2.) Creating an entity to store financial quarter information. Here I’ve added a TransactionYear that stores the dropdown values (“2023 Q1”, “2023 Q2”, ...) as a string:

A reference selector can then be added to the form to access all FinancialYear objects: 

A microflow might be required to sort objects by their BeginDate attribute

Hope this helps,

Liam

answered

Since you probably want to use this also to do all kinds of date chechs I would create a seperate entity with a description field, start date of the quarter and enddate of the quarter. You could then create a microflow that fills that entity. It is not that hard to do and fill a table for the next couple of years.

Regards,

Ronald

answered