Compilation of Java actions failed after install of PDF Document Generation

In Mendix 9.22 I downloaded and installed “PDF Document Generation”  . The only thing I did after install was:  “ In the App Explorer, double-click Settings, then go to the Runtime tab, and add the ASu_DocumentGeneration_Initialize microflow to run after startup. If there is already an after startup microflow, add the ASu_DocumentGeneration_Initialize microflow as an action in the existing microflow.” I set the variable ChromePath “c:\program files\google\chrome\application\chrome.exe” with option “Exposed To client”:  no I configured the security All done as documented in PDF Document Generation | Mendix Documentation   Since the PDF Document Generation is installed, when I try to compile the application, I get an error “Compilation of Java actions failed” .    This error occurs 4 times: d:\Mendix\Projects\StoringsdienstWachtdienst V1-main\javasource\documentgeneration\implementation\LocalServiceLocator.java:67: error: cannot find symbol         if (Constants.getCustomChromePath() != null && Constants.getCustomChromePath().length() > 0)                      ^   symbol:   method getCustomChromePath()   location: class Constants   Next I switched to Mendix 10 and tries it in that version. Same issue. I know it is a Beta-version. However, what I can tell from user-experiences is that it should work fine.    I already deleted the proxies-folder. It was build up again when I compiled it. However, the issue persists.   ( Next to this, in Mendix 10.0 I also got this error when compiling. I didn't look yet really into it.  symbol:   method rollbackTransAction()   location: variable c of type IContext d:\Mendix\Projects\StoringsdienstWachtdienst V1-main\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\UserManager.java:77: error: cannot find symbol             c.rollbackTransAction();              ^   symbol:   method rollbackTransAction()   location: variable c of type IContext Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. )
asked
1 answers

Some input files use or override a deprecated API :

You have some old jar files in your userlib folder  (<projec>/userlib)

By removing the old files, compilation must finish. Look for old versions of: commons-io  and commons-lang3 . These 2 are added by the pdf document generation.

answered