Bulk email send

How can I improve my email-sending proc for bulk emails? I'm encountering an issue where I receive an error message, and as a result, only one of the emails gets sent or sometimes none at all. What could be causing this problem and how can I address it? Error while sending email : 451 4.7.1 Message rate limit exceeded!! Try again later   Stacktrace : com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.datahub.connector.email.utils.EmailConnectorException: EC0x043: Error while sending mails. at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by: com.mendix.datahub.connector.email.utils.EmailConnectorException: EC0x043: Error while sending mails. at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by: EC0x043: Error while sending mails. at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by: EC0x043: Error while sending mails. at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by: Failed to send email [ID: '77583999.40.1691653636936@wda3'], reason: Third party error at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by: 451 4.7.1 Message rate limit exceeded!! Try again later    
asked
1 answers

Take a look at the queueing function in the Email Connector module. That should allow you to queue up emails so they aren’t all attempted to be sent simultaneously. It also allows for retries if sending fails.

https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/connectors/email-connector/#48-queuing-emails

If you are trying to send something like a newsletter or marketing material, then you may be better doing this outside Mendix and using a dedicated bulk email sending service like MailGun. You don’t want to risk your Mendix application being blacklisted as a source of spam.

I hope this helps.

answered