Not able to read 400 Bad request response using call REST action.

Hi Experts, I am developing a banking application where response is in JSON format. These response are HTTP response but they made a custom response. Like  for 400 Bad Request : if something is wrong functionally. like account number doesn't exist or low balance something similar. 201 for : success response. etc..   I have used call REST action for using their APIs. this action receives the response and process it if I receives 201 response, but it fail and give "An error occurred, please contact your system administrator." error when it receives the response in 400 series . This 400 response I can see in console. But my call REST action is not able to read it and quits there only. I am trying to read the response but debugger not moving after call REST action.   Could you please help me in that. Attaching my call REST action screen shots for your reference.            
asked
1 answers

Hi Vijay,

Can you share a screenshot of the microflow? I think when you enable error handler on the REST activity, you should be able to configure a flow that handles the occurence of non 200-results.

image.png

Then the $latestHttpResponse can be used in the handling logic there, like this:

image.png

Good luck!

P.S. I cannot resist to mention that the custom implementation of ClientId and ClientSecret looks a bit weird for me, these terminology suggests that you should obtain a (short-living) access token at the Identity Provider instead of sending in a custom Header field to the Service Provider. Anyways: maybe wise to ask some questions about that.

answered