500 Internal Server Error

Hello, I'm facing problem with displaying associated objects in data grid in popup page, I don't know why but in localhost in works fine but in server in prod when I want to display  9 of these objects it works but when I pass more than 9 associated objects (10, 50,100...) i got that error and even if i disable the display of these assoaciated objects and save parent object i get the same error. In the file log in the server i get this error open() "/var/lib/nginx/tmp/client_body/0000000010" failed (13: Permission denied)  
asked
2 answers

Hi Ahmed,

Are you doing it local and on the server with the same user types? So for instance Administrator and Administrator or User and User. This could be the case of the permission denied if you use different users and see different behavior.

Good luck! 

KR Jurre

answered

Hi Ahmed,

If I understand you in the right way, 

this error may not be directly connected to Mendix but rather to the configuration of the server and Nginx.

Here are some steps you can take to investigate and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Nginx Temporary Directory Permissions:

• Ensure that the directory specified as the temporary directory in your Nginx configuration (/var/lib/nginx/tmp in this case) has the correct permissions.
    • The Nginx process should have read and write permissions on this directory.
  2. Check SELinux (if applicable):

• If your server is running SELinux, check if SELinux is blocking Nginx's access to the specified temporary directory. You can temporarily disable SELinux or adjust its policies to see if it resolves the issue.
  3. Review Nginx Configuration:

• Inspect your Nginx configuration to make sure that the temporary directory is correctly defined.
    • Verify that the Nginx user (usually nginx or www-data) has the necessary permissions to access the specified directory.
  4. Restart Nginx:

• After making any changes to the Nginx configuration, restart the Nginx service to apply the changes.
     sudo service nginx restart 
  5. Check Mendix Data Grid Configuration:

• Examine your Mendix data grid configuration, especially if it involves displaying a larger number of associated objects. Ensure that the data grid settings are appropriate for the number of records being displayed.
  6. Check Mendix Server Logs:

• Investigate the Mendix server logs for any related errors or warnings. The Mendix logs might provide additional insights into the issue.

** Kindly  accept my answer if it assist you to solve your problem.

answered