Get ReferenceObject in PluggableWidget

I am developing a web widget for a client in which the context object has 2 relationships. Assume that we are making a User Profile which there is a 1 to 1 relationship with Country and a Many to 1 with a City. meaning, a user can choose 1 Country and many Cities.  Now the first part of the issue(or rather confusion) is, i can easily add a widget property of datasource and then a widget property of type association to save the selected option. But is this correct? from the looks of it, it seems very trivial that i can get the options to fill the dropdown using my association property(the extreme right side of the association is the Entity that i need to query using client APIs)    See my XML snippet. FYI the motive behind adding the attribute widget property is to easily fetch the data from the datasource property using the get method on the property   hoping for some clues soon :)   <property key="parentDatasource" type="datasource" isList="true"> <caption>Selectable objects</caption> <description/> </property> <property key="parentObjectProperty" type="attribute" dataSource="parentDatasource" required="true"> <caption>field</caption> <description></description> <attributeTypes> <attributeType name="String"/> </attributeTypes> </property> <property key="parentRef" type="association" selectableObjects="parentDatasource"> <caption>Level 1 Reference</caption> <description>Level 1 Reference</description> <associationTypes> <associationType name="Reference"/> </associationTypes> </property>  
asked
0 answers