connect data of two entities

Hi guys, I am a beginner and created a survey for accidents. A user would start the survey and fill in information about the vehicle on the first page and information about the location on the second. When leaving the first page to proceed to the second a microflow is triggered which commits the changes to the entity ‘vehicle’ in the domain model. The same goes for when leaving the second page to finish the survey, the information will be committed to the entity ‘location’. There is a one on one association between these two entities. Now I want the results of the surveys to be shown on another page in a data grid. However the data grid only shows the results that are stored in the entity which is chosen for the data grid (in my case vehicle), although I used the associationto assign attributes to the columns where the location values should be shown. I assume that the information filled in on both pages are not stored as results of one survey but stored individually. I do not know how to make sure this particular vehicle on the first page is connected to that exact information that is inserted on the second and how it can be properly shown in the data grid. I’d be thankful for any help!!
asked
3 answers

Would it be possible to share you data model to provide u a better undertstanding about your plan?

If you are new, please also take a look to the Academy section, because there are some helpful learning paths. Maybe this helps to undertsand the concept of Mendix.

answered

Assuming that your first microflow sets the association between your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’, you should be able to select the additional columns in your datagrid by picking “Other”. It will not add them for you automatically though.

You just need to add a column, right-click it and select “Other”. You can now select attributes from associated entities.

answered

Hey thanks for your answers! I finished all courses until the rapid developer (developer) course except the rapid developer (analyst) course but could not find an answer to my problem.

The data model with these two entities:

And the microflow that is triggered after the first page of the survey:

In the page for the data grid I already added the colums and selected the right location attributes using the association. The are still not shown in the table.

answered