[Email Connector] Basic questions

Hi everyone,   I tried the email connector (v1.1.0) a little bit and have some clarifying questions: I try to connect to GMAIL SMTP and it does not work due to an issue that is often reported here in the forum: “username and password not accepted”. I understand that GMAIL by default does not support apps with less security and the advice often given here is to just enable this setting. Actually in my gmail account this setting is explicitely stated as being “no longer available”. Do you have any other advice of how to connect to GMAIL SMTP now? GMAIL is not my target account – I just want to use it for investigation of the module features. Let’s assume MS365 Outlook is the target: would it be better to get familiar with Microsoft Graph Connector first ? Or is the Microsoft Graph Connector the actual/better/easier way to go maybe even instead of the Email connector?   Thanks for general advise how to continue!   Best regards, Ralf
asked
3 answers

Hi Ralf,

I'm not sure when GMAIL changed this, but you need to create a password specifically for you app and use that password in your authorisation. 

You can create that password by going in your gmail account via https://myaccount.google.com/security?hl=nl

and change it under ‘sign in to google’. Once you've set that up it should work. 

I don't have any experience using MSgraph, so I can't help you there. But if you get an email-server different from Gmail, most of the times it's way easier! 

Good luck! 

answered

Hi Martijn, thank you!

answered

Hi Ralf,

the new email connector supports authentication with Azure OAuth, no need to work directly with MS Graph.

Please let us know if it worked for you and what your feedback is.

BR

Georg

answered