Database Replication not setting changedDate when an existing record is updated (Excel Importer has same issue)

When an running an import using the database replication I notice that the changeddate is not set as I expected it.  newly created objects nicely get their changeddate & createddate set.  (which is as expected) for existing, but unchanged (no attributes changed in the new importvs exisiting) objects the changeddate is not affected (which is as expected)  for existing objects with attributes changed in the import, the changeddate is not changed. This is not what I expected. Because I need the changeddate downstream in the process I want to verify if this is as designed or that i am facing a bug here. There is nothing fancy in the config of the replication template: Find/Update an object or create one.    I've played a bit with the other replication settings (e.g. how to process objects that were not in the import) but with no other outcomes.   Edited: It turns out that also the excel importer doesnt set the changeddate.    
asked
4 answers

Fixed by Mendix new versions of 

• Database Replication 08.0.2
  • ExcelImporter 10.2.0
answered

This week Mendix released new versions of the marketplace modules Database Replication & Excel Importer. With replication module V8.0.2 & excel importer 10.2.0 the issue should be fixed. 

answered

I have seen this before when using Java that is using a system context rather than a user context. In this case it won’t update the changed date or changed by attributes. This is expected behaviour.

Looking at the documentation, there seems to be a setting for Context in the Datbase Replication module, so I would suggest investigating there to see if this lets you pass in a specific user.
https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/database-replication/#74-mode

I hope this helps, good luck!

answered

Hi Jacob,

Hope you are doing good. Did you hear back anything on the systemchanged date when the data is synchronized

answered