Email Connector Configuration Issue

Hi all, I am trying to integrate the new Email Connector module and I am facing an issue where it fails to pass the CheckServerConnection Java Action while using a username and password during setup. I have been following the Mendix documentation step by step while configuring this module. Has anyone been able to successfully implement the module in this way, and what steps did you take?
asked
3 answers

When configuring, make sure that on the settings of the email account you are connecting it to that security allows for imaps & smtp. I connected to a gmail account so I looked up the settings on my email accounts side to get the right information to put on my mendix application (i.e. for a gmail account the smtp is smtp.gmail.com). 

answered

Hi Dominik Kreslo

In the username and password fields you need to generate the password from google  and username will be  your Gmail ID. 

Note that dont use your office wifi some comapanies block the access. 

answered

We ended up having to create a branch line prior to downloading the old Email Module with Templates as we kept receiving either java action failures or the inability to send a test email in our local environment. This was after trying to use the Migration Email widget tool as well since we originally used the old Email Template module before pivoting to Email_Connector. 

answered