What is the JDBC url i need to give in the Database connector in order to query my external Teradata Db?

will it be jdbc:teradata://hostname:port/dbName  ?
asked
2 answers

The JDBC URL for connecting to a Teradata database from Mendix would typically follow this format:

jdbc:teradata://<host name>/<database name>, TMODE=<Teradata mode>, USER=<username>, PASSWORD=<password>

For example:

jdbc:teradata://myserver.com/mydatabase, TMODE=TERADATA, USER=myusername, PASSWORD=mypassword

answered

Hi Lara,

Thank you very much for the advise. Actually I got below summary error 1 first when ask my question, then followed your steps to fix the connection issue. Big thanks to you.

error 1: failed to get driver instance for jdbcUrl…

solution 1: Teradata tar file from the link and put the tar file into the Mendix userlib folder
https://downloads.teradata.com/download/connectivity/jdbc-driver

my desktop is Win64 with Mendix 9.24.1

error 2. Get the error below, but I can make sure my account pwd setting is correct. Wondering why still got the error.

Solution 2: Then update argument n URL string to set LOGMECH=LDAP

[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 20.00.00.10] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.
    at MyFirstModule.ACT_LotMaterial_Query (JavaAction : 'Execute query')

error 3: Now is ok get the below sql staement error only and i just need to modify the sql statement

Solution: It's just sql statement error only , and i just need to correct. So the database connector is fine now in below screen shot.

Caused by: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 20.00.00.10]
 [Error 3707] [SQLState 42000] Syntax error, expected something like an 'ON' keyword between the word 'currentstatus' and the 'cs' keyword.
    at MyFirstModule.ACT_LotMaterial_Query (JavaAction : 'Execute query')

answered