Consuming Rest API error

Hello, I have followed the Consume a REST Service | Mendix Documentation doc  (Wikipedia/Tahiti), followed all steps but it was showing me an error, so I downloaded APK from resources still having an error on my office laptop. Mendix version 9.24.3 Error :  com.mendix.webui.WebUIException: Exception while executing runtime operation     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RuntimeOperationAction.$anonfun$apply$1(RuntimeOperationAction.scala:60) Caused by: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: Error calling REST service     at RESTconsume.Microflow (CallRest : 'Call REST (GET)') Advanced stacktrace:     at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.RestCallAction.execute(RestCallAction.scala:79) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.net.UnknownHostException: No such host is known (en.wikipedia.org)     at com.mendix.integration.util.PrivilegedUtil$$anonfun$withPrivileged$2.applyOrElse(PrivilegedUtil.scala:17)  
asked
2 answers

Hi Sagar,

1. Network Connectivity: Ensure that your office laptop has internet connectivity and can access external websites. Sometimes, office firewalls or network settings can restrict access to certain websites.

2. Whitelist the Host: In some corporate environments, access to external websites is restricted. You might need to work with your IT department to whitelist the Wikipedia API host (en.wikipedia.org) so that your Mendix app can access it.

3. Check Proxy Settings: If your office network uses a proxy server, ensure that your Mendix app is configured to use the proxy server. You may need to specify the proxy settings in Mendix if that is the case.

4. DNS Resolution: Verify that your office laptop can resolve DNS properly. Try pinging other websites to see if DNS resolution is working as expected.

5. Firewall and Security Software: Sometimes, security software or firewalls on your office laptop can block outgoing connections. Make sure there are no such restrictions in place.

answered

If it’s an office machine, your office may be using a proxy server for outgoing requests. If this is the case, this page in the documentation explains the settings you need.

https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/using-a-proxy-to-call-a-rest-service/

I hope this helps.

answered