Problem Email connector with Microsoft mail

Dear all,   I m having some issues in using the mail connector module as I would like to use my business mail to send out mail notification from our app.   When I try to set it up I receive this error   I asked support both side to Mendix and Microsoft and all checked I did should be ok, but still my mail cannot be used    My SMTP auth is set correctly up      Our customers also want to set the mail up using their Entra ID using their standard OAuth group but it is also failing.   Microsoft is just saying the do not give support for external application, Mendix support provided me answer which is not fine because we cannot reduce our security level in our domain just in order to send mail out from an app, any idea?   Someone with same problem? see suggestion from mendix support below    If your account is Exchange online, I recommend that you verify the following in your tenant:1. Whether authenticated SMTP is enabled for the affected user-Navigate to Active users - Microsoft 365 admin center-Select the user you want to test with.-Make sure Authenticated SMTP is selected.2. Verify that security defaults are disabled in your organization.3. Disable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on the licensed mailbox being used:-In the Microsoft 365 admin center, in the left navigation menu choose Users > Active users.-On the Active user's page, choose Multi-factor authentication.-On the Multi-factor authentication page, select the user and set the Multi-factor auth status to Disabled. *** References for the recommendations https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1246224/smtp-return-535-5-7-3-authentication-unsuccessful     thanks!
asked
2 answers

By looking at screenshot I can guess that you are configuring the account using basic credentials flow, and AFAIK due to security concerns Microsoft have disabled basic credentials from long back and recommended to use modern authentication method such as OAuth. Hence you should set up your OAuth app on Azure portal, you can find documentation about that in module's documentation.

I would not recommend to disable security defaults and/or MFA. But, yes you have to enable SMTP which I think you already did as per your screenshot.

answered

I was able to connecct in the end my o365 mail with mail connector via ENTRA ID and all works fine, unfrunately I discovered our customer are working using MAPI mail protocol which is not supported by the Email connector from mendix.

Unfortunately they do not use SMTP

Nayone with an idea if there something similar supporting the MAPI protocal for mail sening?

Thanks all!!

answered