DB connector SELECT with an association

Good afternoon everyone, I have an association of two entities in Mendix as follows:  Now I would like to retrieve all these variables from a MySQL query using the database connector:  'SELECT Notification_ID, Triggering, Value, Variable, Severity, Device_Type, Num_Samples, TimeStamp_Creation, TimeStamp_last_update FROM Notifications t1 INNER JOIN Rules t2 ON t1.Rule_ID=t2.Rule_ID WHERE t1.Notification_Status = "ACTIVE" ORDER BY TimeStamp_Creation ASC'   The problem is that every Query returns a List of objects (list of notifications, in this case), but it gives me an error because the attributes “Value”, “Variable”, “Triggering”, “Device_Type” and “Severity” are attributes of the Entity “Rule”, not “Notification”. Advanced stacktrace:     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(MicroflowUtil.java:152) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: The entity type 'MyFirstModule.Notification' does not contain the primitive 'Device_Type' as specified in the query.     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:156)   Is there any way I can modify the query to return a list of Notifications, each of them containing a Rule (or vice versa) filled with those attributes?   Thank you!  
asked
4 answers

Hello Fernando

Try This Module: https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/160 

It’s Working Fine All join concepts are also possible.

answered

I don't think it is possible to do this, since the database connector only allows 1 return object. Try to return all selected values in 1 non persistant object and then process that list into your persisted / associated entities within Mendix.

GL!

answered

Ruud is right, if you want data of both the Rule and Notification object returned, you need to run the query and after the query returns a resulting dataset use this data to instantiate this new non persistent entity with all needed attributes combined. This can, to my knowlegde, only be done by adding a simle Java action for the SQL + creation of the object and this new object in your domain model. See for instance:

https://github.com/ako/QueryApiBlogPost/blob/master/javasource/hr/actions/RetrieveAdvancedSql.java

Also, why don't you use the association table? I would write the query like:

SELECT n.Notification_ID
,r.Triggering
,r.Value
,r.Variable,
,r.Severity
,r.Device_Type
,n.Num_Samples
,n.TimeStamp_Creation
,n.TimeStamp_last_update
FROM MyDomainModel$Notification n
INNER JOIN MyDomainModel$Notification_Rule n_r on n_r.MyDomainModel$Notificiationid = n.id
INNER JOIN MyDomainModel$Rule r ON r.id = n_r.MyDomainModel$Ruleid
WHERE n.Notification_Status = "ACTIVE" 
ORDER BY n.TimeStamp_Creation ASC

Should work!

answered

Hola Fernando!

Como resolviste este problema?

Tengo un caso parecido

answered