DataSync with external database

Hi, i have built an app where the user can import und edit data from an excel file. The data is stored in an persistable entity and therefore (as far as i understand it ...) saved in the server database (postgres). However i need the data to be synced with a table (same structure) in a database of our erp system. I looked at the database connector. With that i could write a statement to merge the data into the target table. I was wondering though, if there is a easier/automated way? I am hoping that i might be able somehow to sync my Mendix entity the to my external table automatically in some way. Basically would like to do what the app ‘Database replication’ does, just the other way around. Thanks!  
asked
2 answers

That depends heavily on what the ERP system is capable of. Can it read an OData feed? Or are webservices possible? Or does it need an excel sheet to read data? It is not possible in the Mendix cloud to directly connect to the Mendix database from outside.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hi,

we have a private cloud and direkt access to the erp database (Oracle). REST is an option but that require additional development on erp side. I was hoping for a sync function from the a Mendix data entity directly to an Oracle table.

Cheers, John

answered