Data Migration

Hi, I'm new to mendix. I want to do a bulk data migration to the SAP cloud. Currently I am doing it via the Excel importer but it does not support a large amount of volume. Is there a standard tool? Thank you
asked
3 answers

I am not sure in which direction you want the data to go, in or out. “To the SAP cloud” and “Using Excel Importer” suggest two different directions. 

But yes, there is and it is called OData. Rightclick in the Project Explorer (see the left side of your Mendix Studio Pro), select ‘Add other’→ ‘Published OData Service’ to get started. If you have a specific Entity that you want to expose, then it is even easier: go to your domain model, right-click the entity and select Expose as OData resource.

If the traffic is between SAP and Mendix, then have a look at the SAP OData connector:
https://docs.mendix.com/partners/sap/sap-odata-connector#Introduction.  There is a good chance that this AppStore module meets your needs.

answered

Another option you can try is the CSV Module; that would generate the data you need as CSV file output.

answered

Hi,

I managed to expose an oData service with Mendix, however the version of oData that Mendix creates is version 3 and this version
unfortunately it does not allow me to consume it from SAP, specifically with SAPUI5 from the SAP Web IDE.

Is there any way to indicate the oData version when exposing these services?

answered