JDBC URL for SQL Server 2012 Express database (local run)

Hi, I’m trying to use a SQL Server database. It is just a simple project and I am trying to run it locally. SQL Server 2012 Express edition is installed in my local machine and works great. I have pre-created a database in that instance. I made sure the SQL login/user has db_owner privileges. I made sure to configure the service to enable SQL Server login, to enable TCP/IP protocol, to run on TCP 1433 and to disable dynamic ports. And restart the service after that. I can log in to the database via SSMS. Even though all that seems fine, Mendix cannot connect to it. I did the following configuration:   And I got the following errors during execution:   Complete message: Opening JDBC connection to Some(jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433) failed with SQLState: 08S01 Error code: 0 Message: The TCP/IP connection to the host jdbc:sqlserver://localhost, port 1433 has failed. Error: "jdbc:sqlserver://localhost. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". Retrying...(3/4)   PS;: Mendix Studio Pro version 8.11.0 (not available in the list)
asked
3 answers

you have key in the URL wrongly. just set it to →  localhost:1433

then it should work fine. 

answered

Hey TY,

Your advice is certainly right, as my result changed. Thank you. I’m accepting yours as an answer.

I wonder where in the docs is that pointed out. Do you happen to know?

Well, my current message is now regarding compatibility level, which makes me believe Mendix is not compliant with SQL 2012. I also wonder where in the docs it is laid what the compatible versions are.

See below:

An error occurred while initializing the Runtime: The compatibility level for this database is lower than the minimum supported version.

answered

Confirmed: after setting up SQL Server 2016 SP2 Express, Mendix connected to it successfully.

answered